6 Reasons to Support the 6-Mill Levy!
- The 6-Mill Levy is not a new tax. It simply renews an existing levy to fund colleges and universities that was set in 1948 and has been approved by voters every ten years since without a single increase.
- The 6-Mill Levy is a Montana tradition. It is commitment to our kids that has been approved by Montana voters for 70 years. This is a critical investment in our future generations and our state.
- The 6-Mill Levy benefits all Montana communities. Every community benefits from efforts like the scientific and agricultural research at universities and colleges that keeps farmers and ranchers on the cutting edge of new technologies and practices and helps protect our fisheries and public lands.
- The 6-Mill Levy keeps education more affordable for all Montana students and families. Montana students are paying 60% of tuition costs out-of-pocket, more than double a generation ago. Without the levy, tuition could rise as much as 18%, making college affordable for many Montana students and families.
- The 6-Mill Levy readies graduates to compete for the jobs of tomorrow. The levy ensures Montana students have opportunities at 4- and 2-year colleges to help them compete for the jobs of tomorrow. Nearly 80% of Montana graduates find jobs within a year of graduation.
- The 6-Mill Levy funds go directly to Montana universities and colleges. Distribution of 6-Mill Levy funds is discusses and approved by citizens from across the state who sit on the Montana Board of Regents.
How you can support the 6-Mill Levy
Write a letter to your local paper in support of the 6-Mill Levy
Share your support on social media and connect with us at MontanansForTheSixMill.com
Add your name or business to our growing list of supporters. Call us at 406.962.6141